Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Channnages!!

 There is changes and new journeys in the Harmon household. Rocky is really enjoying his new job. He says it's really easy. I am also going to be starting a new job. I am so stoked and on Cloud 9!! I really didn't think I got the job because it took her a little over a week to call me back. But I got that call today; not expecting it. Blessings come when we least expect it and I for sure wasn't expecting it today. I am now the Salon Coordinator/Receptionist at Avalon Institute just right around the corner from my house. I am so excited to start this new adventure. Happy 19th Dating Anniversary for us tomorrow and Merry Christmas to me!! I start tomorrow. I have been wanting to leave Target for a while. I don't talk too much about it because no one really understands what we go through there unless you are there. It has been going down the toilet really fast; you can say that we were on the Titanic and it was slowly sinking. I didn't want to be on there once it sank. I felt like I was taken advantage there because I knew everything up front. Team members were quitting left and right and we weren't getting any help up front. There were few sales floor team members that were helping us but they were even getting burnt out because they were doing all the work like us up front. It was getting to the point where no one was responding to me on the walkie when I was up at Guest service calling abandons out and trying to transfer over calls. No one would even answer the phone; like I said there were a few and they know who they are and I appreciate them dearly because they were sweethearts. That is the one thing that I am going to miss is my team members. We really enjoying working with each other for 3 years. Style (clothing) was a hot mess; most of the time there was no one in that department to grab their abandons or they were all minors and had to leave by 9:45. I always say how can we do our jobs fully up at guest services if we weren't getting the help from the sales floor team members. We all have our jobs to help the store run smoothly and when one person isn't doing their job it shows. We weren't a Team! I felt like certain team members would get away with murder per say and some would not get away with anything including me. I felt like I had to work my ass off and couldn't slack off and others could. It was exhausting. There were times where I would get home feeling like shit and there would be times that I would be crying and felt like walking out because I couldn't take it anymore but I stuck through it because of my family; I couldn't quit because of them. I told myself just to make it that day and the next and never think too far ahead and just think that eventually I would leave. After many weeks and many interviews I finally feel like this happened at the right time. I feel like we have no leaders in that store. No store manager, team leads are leaving left and right. One team lead up front left and another one is leaving at the beginning of the year. They now have an opening for a team lead up front and that has been the talk lately. Everyone told me that I should of applied. I was thinking about it but it wasn't what I wanted. I felt very honored that my team members saw me that way. I already felt like a leader because everyone would always come to me for this and that the whole time I was there. I feel like I am respected by my front end cashiers. We are like a big family up front!! Before I got this call today I try to apply for the team lead position because it doesn't hurt to apply right by for some reason it wouldn't let me log in to fill out the application. I couldn't remember my password and it never sent one to my email. Once again someone was telling me that something better was coming up and that everything happens for a reason. Look what happened today!! I hated to do this to Target and my ETL (executive team lead) but I had no choice; they wanted me to start as soon as possible. She apologized to me for taking so long to get back to me they just had to get everything approved; I thought for sure that I didn't even get the job. Not a lot of people knew I went to this interview. I left work early and told my ETL that I had an appointment that I had to go to but it was totally worth it. It was a group interview and I usually don't do good on those but apparently I made a good impression because then she called me for a second interview and now I have the job. I finally told my co workers because I couldn't hide my excitement today. I am finally out of retail and it feel so good!! I was miserable and everybody at work knew it. Target was falling apart and I didn't want to be there to see it. On top of everything else there is only one person at Optical there and they haven't had a doctor in there in forever. Alex that works there knew how bad I wanted to leave and he was so excited for me today!! Even though he is at Optical he sees what is going on around him. I just hope my other co workers figure out what they want to do and that everything works out the way it is suppose to. I wish everyone good luck and can't wait to start this journey! I feel like I can be a so much happier person, mother and wife. I wasn't happy because I dreaded going to work. Now I am looking forward to what my future holds! It's a new beginning for all of us! I am so proud of me and Rocky for not giving up!! I hope everyone else can be happy for us because this is so good news all around!!

No comments:

Post a Comment